You are here
Registration for the OESA 2020 Webinar Force Majeure and Coronavirus has closed. A recording of the webinar and the presentation will be made available for purchase tomorrow.
- Event Details
In response to the global coronavirus pandemic, OESA is partnering with experts throughout the supply chain to offer insights for suppliers and help them make informed decisions during this challenging time.
On Thursday, April 16, 2020, OESA will host the webinar “Force Majeure and Coronavirus.” The session is designed to provide supplier purchasing executives and legal counsel with insight on:
- Various grounds for asserting force majeure/commercial impracticability such as governmental action, labor disruption, acts of God, and extreme natural events in supply chain contracts.
- Notice provisions and their requirements, including notification of upstream customers and downstream suppliers, such as purchase contracts for goods or services not needed during a shut down.
- Responding to the receipt of force majeure letters.
- Potential risks (i.e. termination) and scope disputes (i.e. demands for expedited shipping).
Martha J. Olijnyk, Director – Auto Supply Counseling and Litigation, Miller Law, will introduce “force majeure” contract provisions and their requirements, as well as similar protections where there is no “force majeure” provision; Lawrence J. Murphy, Partner – Auto Supply Counseling and Litigation, Miller Law, will discuss the varying degrees of notice and ongoing information reporting obligations; and Seth D. Gould, Partner – Auto Supply Counseling and Litigation, Miller Law, will cover potential risks and mitigation requirements in asserting force majeure.
There will also be an interactive Q&A session following the formal presentations.
Following the webinar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
- Your rights up and down the supply chain
- How to comply with force majeure clauses and what to do in the absence of such clauses
- Potential loopholes/scope arguments
All OESA events and webinars are closed to media.
OESA Members $25 Non-OESA Members $50
Registration will close 90 minutes prior to the start of the program and a confirmation email will be sent out 1 hour prior to the start of the program.
Note: Refunds cannot be given after April 15, 2020. Substitutions are always welcome.
- Event Agenda
- CLICK HERE for Event Agenda